cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Define Relation to Control Surface Areas

ptc-5142577
1-Newbie

Define Relation to Control Surface Areas

Hi,

I am developing an smart parametric model with very complex geometry, and I am still trying to figure out how to relate one surface area to another. Is there any way to define a relation to relate one surface area is a ratio of another? Can Creo do this?

Thanks,

Kenny Lui

4 REPLIES 4

This is certainly not a simple request for a lot of applications. You have to ask yourself how you want to control the variable.

You can capture any measurement analysis as a feature and use its parameters in subsequent relations. So capturing the master is not a problem. But how do you drive the slave to equal the master? If you can create a formula to manage the slave, then you can balance that with the saved measurement of the master.

For instance. I have two rectangles. The master is 2x2. The area is 4. I save the area measurement of a "fill" feature. the slave is 3xn. The only variable is n. Your relation would be n=<parameter for area measurement>/<dimension symbol for "3">. Life would be good if all calculations were this simple

Hi Antonius,

Thank you for the information. I understand what you are saying, but as I mentioned, the model that I am developing has very complex geometry and its sections are not regular geometries. I know how to define relations for parameters, but is there any way to define, for example, Area_A = 0.5 * Area_B, and the parameters will be changed according to that???

Kenny

If Area_A and Area_B is already defined (measure feature), then you cannot operate on them in this manner.

You can create the Area_A parameter and use that value in a calculation to create the area to be resolved.

Do you have access to behavior modeling?

I tried doing something very similar with a water filled level. The best I could do is come up with a compensation curve. It was a lot of work!

I asked a very similar question some time ago, only i was wanting to match volumes rather than surface areas. I was told at the time that this could be achieved using 'Behavioral Modeling'. Sadly, i do not have this module, so could not put it to the test.

John

Top Tags