cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Designing Sheetmetal Pen Clip

ssharma-2
4-Participant

Designing Sheetmetal Pen Clip

Hi all,

I am trying to design Pen clip in Creo's sheetmetal environment, I've seen Inventor is capable of doing the same.

If possible kindly help me with the design, attached is the complete parametric 2D drawing as well.

A rough draft will also work!

Pls help.

Thanks,

Shashank

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

First of all what do you need the model for? If just to have the model I would not model in sheet metal and use surfacing and other general solid modeling features as it should be a bit easier to model. If it must be in sheet metal you can also create it in solid features and convert to sheet metal, but you will have to be careful creating the features so it will convert. I am not very experienced in the sheet metal module, but don't even know how I would go about modeling the arrow end. Good luck.

This model is drawn with stretched metal features where the edges are narrower than the main thickness. Creo Sheetmetal cannot do this.

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi Antonius, Thanks for your revert.

I was having hunch that Creo Sheet metal will not be able to handle such model.

If you could help me with the modeling of this clip, ignoring such not possible parameters, that would also be of great help!

Thanks,

Shashank

It is not a simple part but the drawing is very detailed. Just be patient and go for it.

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:mpeterson)

Hi Mark, Thanks for your revert.

I need the model to use it in one of a assembly and to some rendering on to it.

Exact accurate model is not at all required. if we can reach to some level to similar geometry that would also serves the purpose.

Thanks,

Shashank

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:ssharma-2)

Hi can you help me to start with the basic design!!

Top Tags