cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Emboss text on solid cylinder, Creo parametric 2.0

ptc-5208029
1-Newbie

Emboss text on solid cylinder, Creo parametric 2.0

Greetings,

I am a beginning Creo parametric user, so this question is hopefully easely answered.

I have text wrapped around a ring, and I wish to ingrave the text into the ring, normal to the ring's surface. I was following this tutorial: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnvx1f_embossing-text-on-cylinder-surface-in-creo-parametric-pro-engineer_tech, but i cannot seem to select the correct option in the 'offset' dashboard. So far, I have been unable to find a parametric 2.0 tutorial that explains how to extrude/cut a wrapped sketch.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

-Michael

5 REPLIES 5

Video SPAM is really are a deterrent to clicking links (30 seconds of commercials, come on!)

Okay, got that out of my system.

Change the filter in the lower right hand corner to Geometry and select the outside surface of the cylinder. Now activate the Project feature. This will give you the right UI.

Next, know that your wrapped text goes past the 90 degree wrap. You will need to do this in 2 separate commands since you cannot project the text onto the plane you have already defined.

I like using the offset feature above the one in the video (the one with a taper). It seems more intuitive to me.

...:) and welcome to the forum, Michael!

...and another quick tip regarding wrapping... use a coordinate system sketching>coordinate system in the sketch to control where the wrap lands... otherwise it will offset the wrap from where you think it will go (take a close look at the centered "P" after the wrap compared to the original sketch). This is a pet peeve with me over how the feature works.

Ok, I got it now. Thanks a lot!

Also, that tip about the coordinate system was really helpful, thanks again.

Hi Michael,

Here is a helpful Suggested Technique for this. However, you will likely need to use the Wrap feature for more that 180 degree text.

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/freefull_cskdb.jsp?&im_dbkey=87573&icg_dbkey=900

Top Tags