cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

HOW CAN YOU ADD SURFACE FEATURE TO THE SOLID FEATURE..??

ptc-5097971
1-Newbie

HOW CAN YOU ADD SURFACE FEATURE TO THE SOLID FEATURE..??

I am working in cad modeling of a biw part of cabin of truck.

from a few days,i am facing a bit difficulty in surface modeling and part modeling.

i have a complete solid part in which i want to modify some feature or area of the part via surface modeling.I did modification in the feature separetely and

created the iges data of it.But when i import the data into that part.The feature is enable to solidify with the remaining part.i can't figure out that what's

the problem with the feature and also the solution for it.i tried to repair the geometry of that feature in idd.

steps i followed for that:

-first i copied the surface of the area on which the modification have to be done.

-then i modified it.usually there is a common diificulty in pro-e which we are facing in daily basis that we can't give or modify the thickness

of the part which is less than 1mm .for that sole purpose we do that in catia or we just apply offset command on it and use solidify command after that

to make it solid.this is important for other calculation of the part such as weight and mass.

-I used the offset command and made it solid

-then i made the the iges data of it.

-when i imported the data in the part and it appears in the surface form and unable to solidify with part even after updating or repairing it in idd form.

i can't get the appropriate solution for adding the feature into the part.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags