cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Help with Master Model Merge Missing Reference

rcrisp
1-Newbie

Help with Master Model Merge Missing Reference

Proe Users,

I have an assembly that is about 6 months of work that needs to be checked into Windchill.

I have a master file that was deleted from the original top level assembly that it was placed in for the design. The Master file was assembled to the Default CYCS. I confirmed that the dependency and link to the base file was kept to the part and updated fine when the Master Merge base part was opened in session. This part was deleted from the Top Level assembly so that it would not be shown in the BOM.

All the parts that reference the Master file see the master file and update fine. The problem is the Reference viewer (only at the part level) shows and error that there is a missing reference for the location of the Master file in the top level assembly. How can I reestablish this missing reference so that the parts can be uploaded into Windchill without a missing reference error showing up in the reference viewer?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance

Ryan Crisp | Senior Mechanical Engineer

Priority Designs
501 Morrison Rd.
Columbus, OH 43230
(614) 337-9979
www.prioritydesigns.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:rcrisp)

Ryan,

It is curious to methe parts are "fine" as you describe if a parent has been deleted. I would bet at some point, during some redefinition of a feature that you will find the need to redo some references within features.

Regardless, try this simple old schoolPro/E slight of hand trick. Create a file(part or assembly)with the the original name of the parent model that was deleted. It does not need to have any geometry within the assembly. You may find that all the reference viewer is looking for is the name of the file. You can keep the new filetagged as contentand bring it into session when you load the files of importance.

It's worth a try.

Top Tags