cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How can I create the parting line on the creo essential ?

yhuang-2
9-Granite

How can I create the parting line on the creo essential ?

Can someone help me ?

I have a model needs to create parting line, but I don't have mold design.

I only have creo essential.

I use the Swept Blend to create my model. First the 3D Space Creve is the trace.And then top and down have different sections.

Trajectories of model is 3D Space Creve,so I don't know how to create parting line

If anyone can help me here I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dhouk
1-Newbie
(To:yhuang-2)

I have placed a plane through a flat parting line position, then sketched a rectangular box that overalps the part, produced a filled surface form the sketch, and then done an intersection to produce a parting line curve around the part.

yhuang-2
9-Granite
(To:dhouk)

Thank you for your anwser. But I don't Know how can I follow your mean to create parting Line. Maybe I need to offer my model

I am not certain as to what Creo Essentials is.

With Creo Parametric, I can use a solid block and use the merge option to remove the material of the part. From there, I can manually create the mold half by creating surfaces swept along the parting line.

I have to assume you already know where the parting line will be based on the draft angle requirements. You just need to create the geometry to follow it. Sweeps, offset, and other basic features can be used to create a tool equivalent feature.

Top Tags