cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to connect the two surfaces smoothly

ptc-5110245
1-Newbie

How to connect the two surfaces smoothly

I use the style command to draw two curves(as picture 1 shows), and then use the boundary blend command to generate the surfaces, but when finish this, I can't complete the thicken command, and how two the generated surface to connect smoothly with the two neighbouring surfaces.I use wildfire 4.0.

Can someone help me?Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

The thicken command is not generally dependent on tangency. There are any number of reasons thicken fails.

With the boundary blend, you can control the tangency. In this case, making the two ends Normal should suffice.

Normal?What do you mean?I want to make the connecting boundary of the surfaces as smoothly as possible.

Yes, and if the end of the "tube" is "normal" to the plane of the circle, then you want to continue the surface "normal" to the circle. You could try to see if the boundary blend will go tangent to the previous surface.

You have to think about what I am saying here... tangent and normal are have a really close relationship when put in proper context.

Top Tags