cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to create water bottle wavy surface

amitshah
1-Newbie

How to create water bottle wavy surface

Hi,

Can any one know I to create wavy surface bottle in Creo.

I have attached the image for reference.

It will be great if any video is available.

Thanks

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have to stay off PTC Community for the next few weeks... it's posts like this that derail my attempts to get anything done!

Okay so I couldn't resist modeling this thing. I've attached the model in Creo Parametric 2.0 for you to play around with.

Using the exact technique I suggested above, here's what I came up with...

bottle.png

Or... rendered more beautifully by Keyshot....

water_bottle2.png

Amazing what you can do with 5 minutes and great software.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Amit...

This looks like a simple sine wave pattern. I don't have enough time to do a proper tutorial but I can give you some quick guidance:

1. Make the bottle as a SOLID revolve (ie- do not attempt to model the wall thickness of the bottle). This is the easy part.
  2. Next, create a curve using an equation. This may be easier using a cylindrical equation incorporating the sine function.
  3. Create a cut along the curve created in step 2.
  4. Use a Geometry Pattern to pattern the cut. (There are other patterning methods such as grouping the curve and cut from steps 2 and 3 and then patterning the group, but geometry pattern is better and faster).
  5. Use the shell command to core out the bottle and achieve the correct wall thickness.

Seems like it should be easy enough... the toughest part will be getting the right equation for the curve. Someone smarter than I will be along any moment to supply it... I'm sure of it!

Thanks...

-Brian

I have to stay off PTC Community for the next few weeks... it's posts like this that derail my attempts to get anything done!

Okay so I couldn't resist modeling this thing. I've attached the model in Creo Parametric 2.0 for you to play around with.

Using the exact technique I suggested above, here's what I came up with...

bottle.png

Or... rendered more beautifully by Keyshot....

water_bottle2.png

Amazing what you can do with 5 minutes and great software.

Thanks!

-Brian

Nice! Bottles are fun, I've gotten the chance to do a couple. Tricky to get a shell to work!

Hi Brian,

Thanks a Ton !! Its working

Regards

- Amit

Hi Brian,

Can you let me know, what logic you have developed to generate the equation !

Is there any straight forward equation/method or you have develeped it by your own.

Is there any document for such equations available.

Thanks

-Amit

Hi Amit...

I'm pretty sure I just went with a sine wave and fed it into a cylindrical equation. I'm not sure right now how I got to the equation off the top of my head. I'd have to take a look at it again. Unfortunately I'm up against a wall at the moment with a really important task and I can't take the time right now to do the necessary digging. After PTC Live Global next week I will have more time (thankfully).

Take care...

-Brian

Top Tags