cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to display selected surface for measure reference just as surface edge highlighted

ljin-2
2-Guest

How to display selected surface for measure reference just as surface edge highlighted

In Creo Parametric 2.0, when select surface as measure reference, whole surface are highlighted and fully non-transparent color, it impacts to review the objects below the big surface. Is it possible to display selected surface for measure reference just as surface edge highlighted and surface in transparent color as the same as Pro/ENGINEER Widfire and Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 behavior?

4 REPLIES 4

Have you tried launching without config files?

Hi Clint, thank you for your suggestion.

yes, I test without any config.pro and config.sup files

Also I log a case for technical support engineer, one guy tells me this behavior "works to spec" for Creo Parametric. So I want to confirm this with top expert here. May be there is tips, you knows

The config.pro option I had in mind was "transparency" but it seems to be be only for prehighlight behavior.

There is a work-around if you are measuring in assemblies.

It is more involved than it should, but the fix is very useful other occasions.

transparent_component_for+measuring.PNG

Assigning transparencies in assemblies requires a "Style" change. By default, you cannot access this without digging into the Appearance Manager.

However, if you find the Transparency button in the modify ribbon and place it on the Quick Access Toolbar, you can quickly, and temporarily make a component transparent:

transparent_button.PNG

Using this feature constitutes a change in the default style display. This is temporary as you cannot change the default. Oddly enough, you cannot do this directly from the proper ribbon location.

activating_quick_transparency.png

A transparent button in part mode would be a real gift! Even if you set transparency to a model render color, measure changes the measured surface to a solid green.

transparent_part_measure.PNG

Top Tags