cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom

mgauthier
1-Newbie

How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom

I am in the habit of using the mouse wheel to zoom opposite the way it works in Creo. Can I reverse this so it zooms in when the mouse wheel ir rolled up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can, with an Autohotkey script such as following

#IfWinActive, ahk_class Dialog

WheelDown::WheelUp

WheelUp::WheelDown

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Yes, you can, with an Autohotkey script such as following

#IfWinActive, ahk_class Dialog

WheelDown::WheelUp

WheelUp::WheelDown

MarkHeinze
6-Contributor
(To:James62)

This is interesting but I don't know what an Autohotkey is nor how to apply it. Also, can this be applied to Creo View too?

It can be applied to any app or all particular apps, as long as the IfWinActive line is set correctly.

For more info see this site AutoHotkey

Jakub,

is it true, that using your AutoHotkey script will revert mouse behaviour for all applications ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

That script example I've posted will reverse the mouse wheel directions only for applications such as Pro/E WF or Creo Parametric, in all of their windows. At least as far as I know. Well, maybe some other UNIX based apps use the word Dialog in their window classes as well, not sure.

So it might not be just the graphics area of Creo Parametric that will be influenced by the script. For instance if you hover over the ribbon menu in Creo Parametric, and start rolling the wheel, then the tabs will start switching in reverse order as well.

It's possible to modify the script such that the remapping will only work when the cursor is above graphics area.

Also, If for instance you find it annoying that the tabs on the ribbon bar start to get switched with the roll of a mouse wheel, then you can suppress this behaviour.

Both requires a deeper understanding of AHK, and several more lines of code than posted in the above example.

Also see this list of Mouse customization tools. (The AHK method Jakub mentions is also nice)

Five Apps for customizing a mouse - TechRepublic

Thank you Jakub

James62
10-Marble
(To:pmalone)

If you are primarily a Creo or Pro/E user who now has to work with Catia then those hotkeys for Catia will be very usefull.

Don't just download and run the exes, anything could happen to those on the way. Create a new file called for example catia.ahk and copy the code from the webpage, save it, click on RMB with it and choose Compile Script from the pop-up menu (this requires ahk to be installed on your computer). Then you'll have a portable exe file.

If you don't wanna install ahk you can compile scripts using the portable ahk2exe compiler that can be downloaded here: AutoHotkey Downloads

Top Tags