cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Is ModelCHECK able to check for weak dimensions?

EricSchwerin
1-Newbie

Is ModelCHECK able to check for weak dimensions?

Hello Forum-Users, I hope you're able to help me. I'd like to use ModelCHECK for checking assemblies. It is required that weak dimensions will be found by ModelCHECK because these dimensions are not allowed. I know that weak dimensions can be shown with >Tools >Program... >Show Design >From Model >Edit >Search... >[wirte: weak] >Search. But the aim is to check assemblies automatically with ModelCHECK. What can I do to realize my requirement? Thanks for your advise! Eric
6 REPLIES 6

"Eric Schwerin" wrote:

Hello Forum-Users, I hope you're able to help me. I'd like to use ModelCHECK for checking assemblies. It is required that weak dimensions will be found by ModelCHECK because these dimensions are not allowed. I know that weak dimensions can be shown with >Tools >Program... >Show Design >From Model >Edit >Search... >[wirte: weak] >Search. But the aim is to check assemblies automatically with ModelCHECK. What can I do to realize my requirement? Thanks for your advise! Eric

Martin Hanák

Hallo Martin, thank You for your quick comment. Eric

On June 30 2011, I enquired about this with PTC support, I too wanted to check for this as a way to ensure quality work from our design department. Here is their response:

"Description: Customer needs to find weak dimensions in a part using Modelcheck in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.

It is not possible to find weak dimensions in a part using Modelcheck as per current functionality of Creo Direct 1.0.

To see this functionality in future releases of Creo Direct, file an enhancement request at

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/misc/PTC_Enhancement_Process.jsp."

rhansen
6-Contributor
(To:JTBC)

Any idea if it is now possible to check for weak dimensions using ModelCHECK? Creo 2...maybe?

Thanks, Rich

This feature will be very useful, both in Creo 2 and Creo 3.

Corleone
13-Aquamarine
(To:EricSchwerin)

Customer is requiring adding a Pro/Toolkit function to identify weak model dimensions

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Add-a-Pro-Toolkit-function-to-identify-weak-model-dimensions/idc-p/630338

Top Tags