cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there an option of applying a remote load/force on Creo Simulate?

ddelacruz
1-Newbie

Is there an option of applying a remote load/force on Creo Simulate?

Hi,

I need to run an analysis for a bicycle crank arm. The model provided is only the crank arm and it doesnt include the pedal platform where the pedal load is being applied by the rider. is there is an option of setting the pedal load as a remote force applied on the hole surface (where the pedal shaft connects)?

Your help will be highly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

If I understand clearly your question, Yes this is possible.

First create à point on your part representing the center of the missing pedal.

Now in mechanica apply a load on the surfaces of the axis of the pedal. Then choose "Advanced" , "total load apply to a point" and select your point.Capture.PNG

That should give you this kind of result :

Capture2.PNG

Best regards

Christian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

If I understand clearly your question, Yes this is possible.

First create à point on your part representing the center of the missing pedal.

Now in mechanica apply a load on the surfaces of the axis of the pedal. Then choose "Advanced" , "total load apply to a point" and select your point.Capture.PNG

That should give you this kind of result :

Capture2.PNG

Best regards

Christian

Hi Christian,

Many thanks for the reply! I have tried doing this method and got the following result..

Picture2.png

The force is not being applied to the point like in your example and Im getting a weird looking load being applied on the surface instead. I need to set the components of the force as 822N and 360N in the y and x directions respectively to simulate the worst case loading on the crank at a specific angle. Would you know how i should go about this? Thanks

Possibly you are using a different version that displays the load differently.

Why not create a feature to simulate the crank?

Hello,

The illustration you give seems ok.

Creo shows you the resulting field of forces you'll have by applying the load at the point.

By selecting "OK" you should then see the load at the point.

What I find curious in your example is the load you applied; is there really a “Y” component?  I would have expected a “Z” one instead.

Best regards

Christian

Christian - Thanks. I'm an Ansys user that is test driving Live Simulation for my company. I do a lot of remote load FEA's. This was very helpful. Thanks again!

Top Tags