cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

List Digest, Jul 25, 2011

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

List Digest, Jul 25, 2011

Good discussion. I tend to be in Doug's camp, though even more so, meaning don't ever break the link. I mostly use master models (old school term) for surfacing where the complex surfaces cross part boundaries. In this instance a method like Robert's doesn't work well.

I've had projects where we went back a year or two later to add "new features" to the product, and needed to add to the master model to accommodate those features without affecting the previous parts. So I would add 50-100 features to the master model and group them (these features had to interface to existing surfaces in the design). Then my new parts that used the new features would refer to the same master model and have a perfect interface because the master had both the old and new geometry in it.

I don't see that as being so easy when you've broken the link. Of course, not all projects do this so as usual it "depends on your application".

Jeff

--
Jeff Sampson Engineering
-

>Subject: EXTERNAL: TDD: Flip sides of the same coin?
>
>Doug,
>
>I respectfully disagree. I have done several copier projects where we used the pre-skeleton, map part concept very successfully. We used the map for placing the interface components only. Mismatches between the parts would be found in interference checks for the most part.
>
> Rob Reifsnyder
>Mechanical Design Engineer/ Pro/E Librarian
>L
>Mission Systems & Sensors (MS2)
>497 Electronics Parkway
>Liverpool, NY 13088
>EP5-Quad2, Cube 281
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags