cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Looking For Some Help, Completely New To Creo

ptc-6654598
1-Newbie

Looking For Some Help, Completely New To Creo

I am working on a school project, and I need to design this building in a 3-D building model. I have only experimented with 3-d software on the computer once and never had any luck with it. Would anyone be willing to design this for me? It is a 200 x 200 x 25 (length, width, height) before the curving and the corner cut. Half of the building is two story while the other half remains open. I am just not skilled in any way with this software to be able to do this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I wish I could help more. Why does Sketchup come to mind?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forum, Clayton.

Sometimes it is easier to get out the cardboard and the glue.

This might be one of those times.

It is actually fairly simple to do in Creo and it makes for a great training session.

Since you do not provide wall thicknesses or floor thicknesses or any other elevation details, I would suggest using a lot of Fill features created on offset datum planes. Just open a new part, understand the units, and go to town.

How are you planning to share the data? Are you using the academic version of Creo? How will the model be used? How much detail is expected?

I just need to provide a basic outline for the building. It doesn't need to be anything too detailed, but have the basic shape, both floors, and that's it. It is just for an outline project my class is required to do. We need to do a report book on what we can do to improve the community of our town with a set budget and the building is part of it. I am using the academic version of creo 2.0 and all the model will just serve as a graphic as to what the building were to look like if this were to become a real situation. Everything currently is being shared and storred over Google Drive so we can access any files needed at any given date and time.

I cannot provide you with the files because my version won't open in academic version.

I know the architecture people could do more justice to this than anyone else. They can give it "life".

They could take this sketch and with a little magic, it will like it is already real.

Whatever you do with Creo will look cold and stale unless you are willing to spend a week or better on it. And even then, it is more work than you are probably willing to give it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=architectural+design&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=871&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4VEiVOmoDsfYoAShm4KYAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Out of curiosity, what is the subject of the class?

It is for my senior English class project. And thank you for the adivice by the way!

I wish I could help more. Why does Sketchup come to mind?

Thanks for dropping that hint;) I'll be sure to use that program and get this off the ground finally!

Top Tags