cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Make Surface Tangent/Surface Modelling/Creo 3.0

jmckenna
1-Newbie

Make Surface Tangent/Surface Modelling/Creo 3.0

Hello, I'm working on a complex surface modelling project, one surface seems to be causing issues with being tangent to its connecting surfaces.

I have created the boundaries by sketching on the edges of the connecting surfaces.

The boundary blend completes, but will not let me make connections tangent, the sketches seem to be ok and tangentially constrained.

appreciate it if someone out there can shed light on this issue.

the attached images show the surface that has been created, though you can see the connections are not smooth.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:jmckenna)

Hard to tell if everything is tangent.  Change view to wireframe to see what connections are not tangent.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Without the style extension, these types of geometry are a real bear.

Do not overlook freestyle features.  In Creo 3 they are easier to merge with existing geometry.

There are things you can do with boundary blend that may help.  One is to manage the connecting points between the two ends.

There are a lot of inspection  tools in the analysis tab.  The fan and reflection are quite useful.  Increasing the system's graphics quality will also help.

Thanks for your help, forgot i have the style feature! i will tackle this again!

Have a look at this, and if you can make heads or tails form it, it might help you. it is not perfect... but i only had 30 minutes to attack it before beer o'clock...

if you need any explanations, i can give it a go, but as you can see, it is a bit of a pig to get it right.

A good solution for me. C1 continuity is reached.

Top Tags