cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Make spiral solid/surface.

pallavimeshram
6-Contributor

Make spiral solid/surface.

I need to make helical solid and spiral solid/ sheet having adjustable height.

how do I make that in creo?Snail.png

8 REPLIES 8

You can make sweeps with variables tied to the sketch (VSS: variable section sweep).  This is an option inside the sweep feature.

Generate your guide curve or edge and determine how you wish to use this guide curve/edge to manipulate your sketch in the sweep section.

Know that "trajpar" is a special relations call within the sweep sketch.  The value of trajpar (trajectory parameter?) is a numerical value from 0 to 1 where 0 is the beginning of the sweep trajectory and 1 being the end.  When the trajectory (origin) is a closed loop, limitations apply.

Also remember that you can have guide curves (second pick after the "origin" pick).  These are very useful for maintaining orientation of your section.  This geometry also needs to be established prior to the sweep feature.

Last note: Do not expect a true merge with features like this.  As a solid, you may never note the difference, but the merge does not always create edges where geometry creates a new boundary.  I am not sure how to make this clear but once you see it, you'll know that the merge is not "complete".  This may affect subsequent operations.  For the most part, this is not an issue.  Also be aware of tangent conditions.  These too can fail.

That's kind of an ambiguous question.  What do you mean by "height?  And by "sheet", should I assume you are an NX user and really mean "surface"?

For a spiral, you can use a datum curve by equation, to provide a trajectory.

Showing a picture of the geometry you want to create will get you better answers

We're not making escargot? 😛

It's not just an ambiguous question, it's a completely stupid question.

Even if it were a genuine question, it would only serve to demonstrate a complete lack of preparation or effort on the questioner's part.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:jhaston-3)

Agreed.  From a lot of the "entitled" generation, I see a lot of "I can't do this myself, so I'll go online to find someone to do this FOR me instead of putting in the time, effort, and learning to do it myself".  Just like the morons who get themselves into financial trouble, and then start a "GoFundMe" site to bail out their stupid, self-centered "can't take responsibility for my own actions" a$$e$....

If someone has actually taken the time to TRY different things, put in the effort, and it showed, I'll drop some hints and let them figure it out for themselves, but I'll never do it FOR them unless they're one of the few personal friends of mine on here.  If it's an interesting problem, I might do it myself for fun, but while I'll share a step file, I won;t hand them the solution, it'll be just to show them it CAN be done and to work a little harder/smarter.

Kids these days.....Smiley Frustrated

My absolute favorite (meaning, the thing that cheeses me off most) is when *obvious* homework problems are asked, with the verbiage used in the question sounding decidedly "textbooky".

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KenFarley)

I've read that a very real problem now is these entitled kids who cheat on almost their entire Engineering degree, since with the internet almost all the answers for almost every test or homework assignment is now online for the taking.....pathetic.

That's why I get kinda short with people here that just expect you to do their work FOR them instead of figuring it out for themselves....  That'd be fine if they were willing to PAY me for it.......  😉

I agree with many of the things that you and others have said on this topic.

I think many people come here and abuse the community and its members, including those who are in work but just hide there, attempting little and achieving even less.

I don't think the students should take all the flack alone. Hopefully some of them will learn to make a better effort in future.

Top Tags