cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Managing thickness of an igs file

mmelenli
4-Participant

Managing thickness of an igs file

Hello everyone, i've been working on this file(s) for a quite some time now as part of my thesis. So far im stuck and asking here seems like my final solution, don't know what else to do really.

The goal here is to have 2mm of thickness on the whole part. and of course it is not possible to simply use the shell command. I've found a solution with "2 sketches + fill + merge + solidify + extrude" method but i just simply can't get 2mm thickness (or any other thickness). I will add some pictures for you to see what I've tried to do exactly.

The second version of this part (name starts with "Testcase") has no thickness, seems actually pretty easy with thicken command but like the first igs file, there are so many gaps on the part and i just can't make it "closed" completely. The second version also needed scaling but that was not a problem (scaling 180/700 is okay).

So I've hit a big brick wall here with this task. I hope someone can help me with it.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags