cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Marking point for welding part on sheet metal plate

KOENVERSCHOOTEN
1-Newbie

Marking point for welding part on sheet metal plate

Hi,

We use marking points on our dxf files on the plate for the position (center) of welding the part.

It is a sketch with a diameter of 1mm on the surface. The machinery recognize this sketch of 1mm and will automatically make a punch mark on this place.

For this we don't need to add dimensions on the drawing for placing the part.

Now we created a subassembly of the part and made the sketch in the subassembly. We made 2 simpl. reps, display drawing (figure 1) and display drawing digital (figure 2). Actually I prefer only a sub part.

For sheet metal it is a problem because the coordinate system I had to place it in the plate. Because it needs to follow the correct position in unbend state.

I prefer to use skeletons for my coordinate systems.

Are there any good ways to do this properly?

Kind regards, Koen.

markings1.JPG

markings2.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Koen, I am not sure I understand the challenge. You plate does not have a circle but a CSYS where the circle is shown in the second image.

If you are trying to have mating features for the assembly in both bend and unbent states, you can create an axes, a hole, or anything that does follow the unbend process (flat pattern too). I recently reported a bug with this respect, but the idea is that you can have features follow the bend and unbend operations. You have to be a little careful about what you use for assembly references.

Many things will follow the bend state. Maybe a little more information on the full process will be helpful.

Top Tags