cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Merge outside of Windchill and ghost parts

rcrisp
1-Newbie

Merge outside of Windchill and ghost parts

Proe Users,

I have an assembly that was checked out of Windchill and was used as the basis to start a new product from; it shares many components from the original design. I created a new master model and created many parts that contain a merge feature in an assembly, and that assembly no longer exists, it was only used to place all the surface form parts together for the merge. Windchill is reporting ghost parts for this missing assembly, so I need to know is there a way, now that the design is mature and the sub-assemblies are properly structured, to get rid of the ghost files outside of Windchill? Can I make side copies of the assembly and each part one at a time and rename the assembly back to the original assembly name that the merge was created in, then rename it back to the new name and repair the merge reference link to remove the ghost files? Any other trick someone can teach me?

Thank you

Ryan Crisp | Senior Mechanical Engineer

Priority Designs
501 Morrison Rd.
Columbus, OH 43230
(614) 337-9979
www.prioritydesigns.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I am in the process of implementing Windchill 10 soon and would love to know the answer to this. We use the Merge process a lot.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags