cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modelling problem

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

Modelling problem

Hello!

I need some help regarding a modell i made. First I made a simple tube, then i created spiral cuts on the surface inside, with parameteres, so i can change the number of the spirals, the number of the turns of the spirals and of course the shape of spiral cuts. Now i would like to make from the straight tube also a spiral, a spiral tube. So i would like to have a spiral tube and on the surfafce inside the spiral cuts as i wrote. but the problem is that i can not make it with different number of turns. It works only if the spiral tube and the spiral cuts inside have the same number of turns. Could someone help? Is it  possible somehow for example "to turn" a straight tube?

On the pictures you can see my problem better. The two tubes i would like to "unite". Please Help!! Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:ahkrit)

Hi, see if this helps.

I control the spining of the tube and its cut using 2 separate sweeps and the number of turns can vary independently.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Hi, see if this helps.

I control the spining of the tube and its cut using 2 separate sweeps and the number of turns can vary independently.

ahkrit
5-Regular Member
(To:BHOoi)

Hi BHooi!

Thank you very much for your help! I think it is gonna work with it, what i cannot find out, how can i change the number of the turns?

Thanks in advance! You are great!

Best regards,

ahkrit

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

I have just found it! Thanks again!

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

hi Bhooi / everyone!

do you have an idea with this spiral tube how could i do a harmonic goodlooking "backdriving" on to the middle axis? I could only solve it with 2 sweeping on different plane, the problem is that it does not look so good with this plus part, but with other attempts i always get a break by joining.

Thanks in advance!

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Hi, could you please elaborate what you are looking for? May be a sketch or something that helps to explain further. Thanks

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

Hi!

I tried to do my best. but as i have know idea how to make an exact modell from it, it is also hard to make a sketch from it.

On the very first picutre(number 1) you can see the two  attempts. First i made 2 sweeps, with it i do not have any break in cross-section, but it has that plus part i don't want.  (These are pics number 3 and 4) I also tried with an extrusion from the tube from the beginning at then a longer sweepblend on to the middleline(middle axis) but it has a break in the cross-section by joining. (Pic number 2)

On the last picutres i tried to show what kind of goodloking spiral-formed "reducing" i would like to make to the joining part.

I hope it helps!

Thanks!!

dschenken
21-Topaz I

It's hard to tell what you object to - perhaps using an image editor to clean up the views you do have would help.

Also, the spiral looks like the section is not normal to the spiral curve, so you cannot have a smooth transition. Makie it normal to trajectory to allow a smooth transition.

ahkrit
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

Hi!

Here ist the picture with number 4, at the spiral the section is normal to the trajectory, thats why i got a section at the beginning NOT paralel with other plane, it has an angle compared to the horizontal plane(pic number 5). But it has to be exactly that way,  thats how i got the same section along the spiral. 

The problem that then at the beginning i need a smooth change to the middle axis. Now i try to show you with sketches(pics number 1,2 and 3). Is it possible to make an oder surface with a round at the beginning of the spiral(as i sketched it) and these two surfaces to merge so i could creat with the surface edge a smooth trajectory for sweeping?

Thanks a lot!

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

OK, I have tried something and here is how it looks like.

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

Thanks again BHooi!

Could you tell me how can i make a sketch edition with G1? Is that a feature or what?

Thanks in advance!

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

To make use of the graph feature, "G1", I added the following relation in the 1st sweep feature section:

levalgraph("G1", trajpar*50) (the number 50 is the x-dir length of the graph section to maps its Y value to the sweep trajectory. If your graph is 30 in length then this should be 30)

This equation controls the length (or the radius) of the spiral feature. The 1st segment is 0 so that it gives you a straight segment and it gradually goes up to the final radius value you want.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Another approach is by using COS (curve on surface). In thi scase, you do not need a grapgh datum feature. See the attached creo2 file for steps.

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

Thanks a lot again! Yes, maybe it is a more simple solution for it.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Hi,it's good to know more than 1 solution to a modeling problem and pick the one works the best. 

ahkrit
5-Regular Member

HI! I already accepted the first solution with two separated sweeps. I tried but more solutions i can not choose.

Hi, Here is another possibility...

HelicalTubeHelicalTube

The model has a glass appearance to show the internal cut in reasonable detail.

Top Tags