cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mold Cavity_Silhouette Curve_Skirt Surface_Rc Propeller

agompakis
3-Visitor

Mold Cavity_Silhouette Curve_Skirt Surface_Rc Propeller

Hello !!

I'm trying to make a mold for my propeller but i have some problems to close the  silhouette curve around the hub. I've done some research correct me of i'm wrong and find that the curve is drawn when the shape change height etc. So how can i draw the curve in the middle of the cylindrical hub?

I attach the part file. In the photo is how much i progress with the skirt surface                   

Please help me i'm stuck in this matter over a month, is for my thesis and i have a lot work to do.

I'm using Creo 2.0

Thank you in advance Apostolis

4 REPLIES 4

hai

There are lot many surfaces which doesnt have draft fix this issue and try it will work

looks like your on the right path.

Iyappan is correct...but make sure the draft follows a machinable parting line.

with no draft you could fill the gap between your skirt surfaces by building a boundary blend tangent to the 2 sides.

Apostolos, were you able to create this yet?  If not, I can help you, please let me know.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, yes i'm finally able to create the silhouette curve. I design something like a "bump" to join the two blades along the Hub.  I don't thing is the totaly the right way but it work for my project.

asm0001.jpg

ScreenShot043.png

Top Tags