Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold cavity assistance wanted

Highlighted

Mold cavity assistance wanted

I am helping a couple of students with a Dolphin they have modeled. I have a problem: I want to create two mold cavities, but I can't get the parting surface right. It will only extend a couple of mm. Are there any experts in this forum who know how to handle this? I mean, can it be handled inside the parting surface tool definition entirely, or do I need to do a lot of tricks to get it working? Here is a picture, where the silhouette curve is created: The doplhin on its own is here: http://www.polynet.dk/temp/zx1001.prt Regards Thomas
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

RE: Mold cavity assistance wanted

Hi try doing parting surface with variable section sweep using the sillout curve as a trajectry. u may need to work around a bit i hope.. if u find it hard, plz send it to . -.
Highlighted

RE: Mold cavity assistance wanted

Hi Dibu I have tried several variations on that theme. But actually, yesterday I returned to controlling extensions for the parting surface, and managed to split the workpiece in two volumes. It took some time to get all the arrows pointing in an optimal direction to get a nice parting surface - but it worked. I have learned a lot from this, but thanks for your input anyway. Thomas
Announcements