cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Moved copy

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Moved copy

Hi all,

can anyone tell how to redefine a moved copy. I have a master model with a sketched curve whose geometry changes with each design i do. This curve is then copied 90 degrees around a central axis. Now the problem is that this copied curved does not always update correctly to reflect the change i made to the source curve, the most common problem being that some arcs reverse their direction, its quite bizzare. When this happens i find that the only way to solve this issue is to delete the moved copy & perform the operation again. What i find if i edit definition the moved copy is that i do not appear to be able to select the curve again, or pick an alternative curve, you can only redefine the move & not what you want to move. Hopefully my ramblings will make sense to someone.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

From your description it appears you are selecting the sketch and copying that. Instead select the curve (right click the curve twice and it should turn bold red or change the filter to geometry) and then select copy. If you just select the sketch the copy definition will not have a References tab which contains the selections of what you are copying. If you select the geometry the copy definition will have a References tab which will allow you to select alternate references.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Thank you for the reply Kevin, i think that is probably the reason i have these issues. I need to do some testing to check, but its finding the time at the moment.

Regards

John

Top Tags