cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

My questions about PTC and its capabilities

ptc-6470688
1-Newbie

My questions about PTC and its capabilities

Dear Sirs

Please answer my below questions:

1. If I want to learn PTC for 3d and 2d designing (mechanical design) do you have learning programs for me? Is it free?

2. How much time do I need to learn basic of PTC? How much if I want to become master ?

3. Wich companies use PTC now?

4. Is PTC and ProEngineer same?

5. What are superiority of PTC to CATIA or IronCAD?

6. If I buy PTC do I need another software for stress analysis?

7. Can i send my drawings to CNC machine directly?

8. Which countries use PTC more than other?

And at end if i want to purchse PTC (mechanical designing) can you send your best offer to me?

Best Regards

Afshin Mehraeen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6470688)

1) There are some free training videos on the web. Serious users will take paid training.

2) Basic of creating a cube, about 1 hour. Design an airplane, about 3 years.

3) Proprietary information and PTC will not tell you who their customers are, unless they have posted testimonials to the product.

4) PTC is a company. Pro/Engineer is a software product made by PTC. PTC also makes other products.

5) None to CATIA or NX. Better assembly handling to lower-level packages.

6) yes and no. You can get a bundle of Pro/E with Mechanica. Costs more than without.

7) CNC machines don't read drawings, some will interrogate a model and with the aid of a machinist build tool paths.

😎

One seat of Pro/E, price varies by your country and what bundle you want. US, expect 6K for a low end seat, 25K for machining and analysis bundles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6470688)

1) There are some free training videos on the web. Serious users will take paid training.

2) Basic of creating a cube, about 1 hour. Design an airplane, about 3 years.

3) Proprietary information and PTC will not tell you who their customers are, unless they have posted testimonials to the product.

4) PTC is a company. Pro/Engineer is a software product made by PTC. PTC also makes other products.

5) None to CATIA or NX. Better assembly handling to lower-level packages.

6) yes and no. You can get a bundle of Pro/E with Mechanica. Costs more than without.

7) CNC machines don't read drawings, some will interrogate a model and with the aid of a machinist build tool paths.

😎

One seat of Pro/E, price varies by your country and what bundle you want. US, expect 6K for a low end seat, 25K for machining and analysis bundles.

Thank you very much

Have a good day

You can start learning Creo with this link: http://learningexchange.ptc.com/?lang=en

Top Tags