Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My questions about PTC and its capabilities

SOLVED
Highlighted

My questions about PTC and its capabilities

Dear Sirs

Please answer my below questions:

1. If I want to learn PTC for 3d and 2d designing (mechanical design) do you have learning programs for me? Is it free?

2. How much time do I need to learn basic of PTC? How much if I want to become master ?

3. Wich companies use PTC now?

4. Is PTC and ProEngineer same?

5. What are superiority of PTC to CATIA or IronCAD?

6. If I buy PTC do I need another software for stress analysis?

7. Can i send my drawings to CNC machine directly?

8. Which countries use PTC more than other?

And at end if i want to purchse PTC (mechanical designing) can you send your best offer to me?

Best Regards

Afshin Mehraeen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My questions about PTC and its capabilities

1) There are some free training videos on the web. Serious users will take paid training.

2) Basic of creating a cube, about 1 hour. Design an airplane, about 3 years.

3) Proprietary information and PTC will not tell you who their customers are, unless they have posted testimonials to the product.

4) PTC is a company. Pro/Engineer is a software product made by PTC. PTC also makes other products.

5) None to CATIA or NX. Better assembly handling to lower-level packages.

6) yes and no. You can get a bundle of Pro/E with Mechanica. Costs more than without.

7) CNC machines don't read drawings, some will interrogate a model and with the aid of a machinist build tool paths.

😎

One seat of Pro/E, price varies by your country and what bundle you want. US, expect 6K for a low end seat, 25K for machining and analysis bundles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

1) There are some free training videos on the web. Serious users will take paid training.

2) Basic of creating a cube, about 1 hour. Design an airplane, about 3 years.

3) Proprietary information and PTC will not tell you who their customers are, unless they have posted testimonials to the product.

4) PTC is a company. Pro/Engineer is a software product made by PTC. PTC also makes other products.

5) None to CATIA or NX. Better assembly handling to lower-level packages.

6) yes and no. You can get a bundle of Pro/E with Mechanica. Costs more than without.

7) CNC machines don't read drawings, some will interrogate a model and with the aid of a machinist build tool paths.

😎

One seat of Pro/E, price varies by your country and what bundle you want. US, expect 6K for a low end seat, 25K for machining and analysis bundles.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much

Have a good day

Highlighted

You can start learning Creo with this link: http://learningexchange.ptc.com/?lang=en

Announcements