cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

New to CREO

crobles
2-Guest

New to CREO

Hi, I'm very new to Creo. I have learned some of the basics and keep learning more as I go. I formally don't have any CAD software training, like I said I'm learning as I go. I work with the Industrial Design team as a Rendering tech. Sometimes I get tasks to help out the ID guys and through research and some help I get through the small tasks.

Recently, I've been given a task. I haven't been able to get started for the reason that I have no idea how to. I've been given the task of modeling a basketball net. Some the engineers have modeled some but they use the Pattern tool and they look stiff and unrealistic when wanting to render. The end product goes to graphics for printing and other tasks they might have. I have been using the Style and Sweep tools to create bungee cords for some of our sporting goods items. I was wondering if that's a good start. If anyone has a suggestion or any guidance how I show start this net, please comment. I would sure appreciate it.

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

First thing I would tell whoever gave you this task that Creo really isn't made for this.  Second thing I would consider is a completely different package if you want graphics as output rather than tightly controlled geometric data.

There are several tricks that can work including sweeps, blends, and careful use of textures... but it will always look "mechanical".

If this assignment was mine, I would begin with a very carefully placed transparent texture (label) to see if I could manipulate that into a realistic look.  After that, I would go the hard ways and build a shaped surface and then begin the weaving of strands.

Know that every solid intersection will be calculated on regenerations.  To help this CPU cycle hog from bothering you, you might consider working with surfaces in your sweeps, etc. You can merge these later and solidify them.

Thanks for the response. I will be using Keyshot as the rendering output for graphics to use. I have modeled bungee cords using creo and added textures and such in Keyshot as a final render.. Here's a sample of a past assignment.

Very nice work.  You have much more patience than I do

Top Tags