cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Nintendo Wii controller

DanMarotta
2-Guest

Nintendo Wii controller

A user reverse engineered this Nintendo Wii controller and rendered in Creo/Elements/Pro

View rendering

What have you tried to reverse engineer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

engine_small.jpg

I was first intrigued by this engine because it was completely made with parts from a rapid prototype machine by a group using AutoCad. I re-created the model from photos using Wildfire 4.0.

I later used it in a series of renderings that were used to depict a general idea of how concepts become CAD models.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

engine_small.jpg

I was first intrigued by this engine because it was completely made with parts from a rapid prototype machine by a group using AutoCad. I re-created the model from photos using Wildfire 4.0.

I later used it in a series of renderings that were used to depict a general idea of how concepts become CAD models.

Ben,

Looks like an engine straight out of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Was the series of renderings for a presenation or a class you were teaching?

-Dan

The images are actually hanging in one of our classrooms. We recently moved to a temporary location while our main building is being renovated so we had 6 empty classroom "canvases" to fill up. The pictures are very striking when printed 40"x40" and arranged throughout the room.

The engine is also part of a larger assembly project that the 4th grade students do. The students are given several airplane parts to choose from and assemble them based on the job they want their airplane to perform. The main point is for them to think about design and how the choices they make as "engineers" impact the design they create.

Attached is an image of one of the airplanes (with the engine) that can be constructed in the 4th grade activity.

Wow, 4th grade?! You truly are shaping the a future generation of engineers.

Yeah that's really the main purpose of our organization, opening intercity kids eyes to the possibilities that science, technology, engineering and math can open up to them. It is amazing how quickly the students can pick up some of the basic modeling skills. In fourth grade we only do assemblies with mate and insert constraints with Pro/E but with our 5th/6th graders we do part creation with sketches, dimensions, extrudes and revolves.

Top Tags