Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Linear Edges

Highlighted

Non-Linear Edges

I’m throwing this out there for discussion and to see if anyone has experienced this.

While creating a simple tapered sweep that would be used for a mold component, I noticed that the corner edges were not straight lines. This component will be produced in the wire edm. Therefore, the corners HAVE to be straight lines. At the corner where the trajectory is an intersection of a straight line to an arc, the resultant corner edge is a radius or a curved edge. Take a look at the attached file (WF3), If you unhide all saved analysis features you will see a measurable distance between the resultant sweep edge and a straight point to point line.

This sweep in not wireable due to the bow in the edges. If I were to model a constant wire radii on the corners of this sweep, they too will have bowed edges and be unwireable, yet the side walls of the quilt are not bowed.

I also tried sweeping this surface with no taper and then drafting the sides of the quilt. The result was the same, bowed corners.

Has anyone experienced this or have a resolution? I have opened a call number (c6030472) to address this issue.

Thanks
Announcements