cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Opening a Heavy 8 or more sheet Outline drawing?

dtirumangalam
1-Newbie

Opening a Heavy 8 or more sheet Outline drawing?

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a task which requires me to create Outline drawing of the Gen sets,but the Gen set assembly is a heavy component with multiple parts, and whenever i call the Genset in Drawing,it is taking a lot of time somewhere around 3 to 4 hours, please help me on how this time could be minimized!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak.T

Design Engineer

2 REPLIES 2

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, because it sounds like you're using some terms that are specific to your company or your project. But quite simply, if the assembly is taking 3-4 hours, it most likely has some seriously bad modeling issues, i.e., circular references. You would need to fix those issues in the assembly.

Next, you would want to use Simplified Representations to reduce the amount of detail you are bringing into your computer's RAM when trying to make the drawing.

Also, if possible, get more RAM for your computer.

You might want to read the Help regarding Circular References and Simplified Reps. (These aren't things you can explain in a couple sentences.)

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Models with extensive internal "merge" operations can take into the 20-30 minute range quickly.  Having multiple views of such geometry could seem like forever when regenerating.

Top Tags