cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Creo Valentine’s Day Challenge

HEvriviades
1-Newbie

PTC Creo Valentine’s Day Challenge

2-11-2013+9-23-51+AM.png

Show us some “love”! In honor of Valentine’s Day, we are inviting you to submit a holiday-themed design created with a PTC product. Think hearts, box of chocolates or how about cupid’s arrow!

Reply to this thread with a screenshot, attachment, file or link to your creation.*

We can’t wait to see your creative designs. Each entry will automatically be entered into a random drawing for a “PTC Fan Pack” (PTC backpack, t-shirt, water bottle, notebook, pen and few other goodies)

* Designs need to be submitted by February 14th 5:00 EST PM to be entered in the drawing. And please be sure to include a screenshot/image format of your submission, so that as many people as possible across the entire PTC Community can see it. Thanks everyone!

Special thanks and credit to Community member VladimirPalffy for the original inspiration and image above: http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo/rendering/blog/2011/02/06/heart-challenge

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13

"PERFECT GEOMETRY"

heart_III.jpg

We have our first design, fantastic thanks Antonius!

Love spoons are a Welsh tradition dating back to at least the 17th Century. They are carved from hard wood and given to loved ones. There are no joins, everything is carved from a single piece of wood.

A Welsh love spoon modelled and rendered using Creo 2.

Love_spoon.png

And rapid prototyped on a Dimension FDM machine.

RP_lovespoon_1600x1067.jpg

More information on Love Spoons including the meaning of the symbols: http://www.welsh-lovespoons.co.uk/index.html

Beautiful creative design Tim, thank you!

Dan, Thanks for the prompt about attaching files. A zip of the Creo files is attached.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:HEvriviades)

Clipboard02.jpg

Simple revolve and curve-pattern of `water droplets` in Wf5

2.55.jpg

And rendered (getting the lighting on the "droplets" acceptable, I found very challenging)

Hi Heidii, I post my render "Clear Hearts" about PTC Creo Valentine’s Day Challenge here. The design is in the following link http://grabcad.com/library/heart-slash-coracao

CLEAR HEARTS PTCCHALLENGE.png

Best regards,

Damian

Hi Everyone,

If you want to share your PTC Creo files to show how you created your Valentine's Day themed designs, use the "Use advanced editor" tool located on the upper-right of the editor box when replying and attach the file.

It's not required for entry, but thought I'd offer the 'how-to' in case members were wondering.

-Dan.

of course.

THis is my smple sweet heart

Thanks to those that submitted. There are some creative PTC Creo-ers among you all! The winner for the 2013 Valentine's Day contest is Antonius Dirriwachter

heart_III.jpg

Congratulations, Antonius!

Antonius, I'll be in touch privately to arrange your prize.

And stay tuned for our next contest, coming up just before Saint Patrick's Day (March 17)!

Thanks everyone!

Heidii

I'm not sure what to say except "Thank You!"

( Its pretty rare for me to be speechless )

I love the way your model showcases the geometry and mathematical capabilities of Creo.

Congratulations Antonius, you are a worthy winner.

Top Tags