cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Placing hole on rounded edge

DanielleSavage
1-Newbie

Placing hole on rounded edge

Hello,

I am trying to place a hole on a rounded edge. When I try to select the surface of the rounded edge I am unable to. Any suggestions,

Thanks

D

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Danielle,

You need to create a plane tagent to the rouded surface and place your hole on this plane.

Hope this help.

Nicolas

Or you can create a point on surface and then make hole thru the point.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Neither plane nor point is necessary. I suspect you may not be picking the right Secondary References. You need to pick one reference for axial location and one for angular location (which may be 0 or 90 degrees).

Like so:

HOLE-ON-CYLINDER.jpg

In this example, the surface of the edge round was selected first. For Secondary References the top surface was picked for axial location (the 1.500 dimension), and the central vertical Datum Plane "F" was selected for angular location (the 40 degree dimension). Note that the angular location reference does NOT have to go through the axis of the cylindrical surface.

David

If the round is defined using circular and rolling ball you don't have to have a plane, point, and/or axis you can select the round surface. For rounds of other types (normal to spine and conic) you will.

Top Tags