cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Printing in Creo View Lite Vs. Parametric 2.0

msteis
1-Newbie

Printing in Creo View Lite Vs. Parametric 2.0

I'm new to Creo from Solidworks at my new employer. Can someone maybe help me with printing issues in Creo View? No one here uses Creo but me yet, but many need to view and print Creo drawings. When they print from Creo View Lite in monochrome mode, all the text prints out a light gray and is hardly visible. When I print from Parametric, the text prints in black correctly. Does anyone have any advice they can give me to try. Attached is a scan.

Thanks,

Matt

img-521105418-0001.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:msteis)

Are you using pen tables for printing Creo Parametric? I assign thickness to text to get a good bold look. You might also consider TT fonts but you will still need to assign thickness for your symbols.

Matt,

printing from Creo View Lite is unusable. It prints bitmap picture of drawing. You cannot change its behaviour.

Creo Parametric print works differently - it creates plot file (in selected format) and sents it to printer.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll look into pen tables I guess before I give up. I'm totally new to Creo within a couple months. Everything is new to me yet. So far it seems to be a disappointment.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:msteis)

You wouldn't be the 1st to say that. Creo is very powerful but you have to understand what is behind the curtain. It really is a vat of melted carmel, a bowl of apples and a box of sticks. You bring your own pocket knife to peel the apple. If you don't know how to make carmel apples with that, you'll hate the concept.

Top Tags