Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-E / MathCAD 13 Integration

Highlighted

Pro-E / MathCAD 13 Integration

Has anyone else tried integrating MathCAD 13 into Pro-E WF 2.0 or 3.0? I just purchased MathCAD 13, and I am looking for a tutorial (book, video, etc.) on how to integrate MathCAD into Pro-E, as well as learn how to use MathCAD efficiently. I have used Mathematica and Matlab in the past, but not MathCAD until the past week.

An example of something I would like to do with MathCAD is to improve the design of a cantilevered snap (injection-molded plastic) by plugging Pro-E's part dimensions & parameters into MathCAD to calculate the max. permissible deflection (travel), force, strain, etc. based on the material properties. Also, does anyone know if MathCAD integrates into other CAD software besides Pro-E?

Although I know MathCAD is probably not a replacement for FEA software, it could be used for basic strength of material calculations of idealized geometry. I would be interested in knowing about other design applications that have been tested using MathCAD. I will summarize if I receive replies.

Announcements