cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problems with Free Creo Elemants Direct Mode software

ptc-4446368
1-Newbie

Problems with Free Creo Elemants Direct Mode software

Hi!

I'm using the free version of Creo to design a car that I'm building. The program has been workin fine until just now. When I try to start the program I get the following messages: " 'vport1' frozen due to Graphics Error" and when I press the OK-button I get the following: "Action failed create_vp/signal/sigsgv". When I then press "OK" in the message box I can't do anything. I guess the viewport is "stuck" or not working... as you can understand I'm not a computer geek... Was in teh 80's though. I bet there aren't many in here who used 3D CAD in the late 80's!?

Anyway, any help to be able to continue using the software to continue my car design is highly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Is it only this file that is giving you a problem or any new file as well?

I get the same regardless of which file (or a new) that I try to open.

I am no geek either so I can give you the basic IT Speak and say "Did you reformat your hard drive to see if that solves the error?"

Seriously, I would consider un-installing and re-installing the program to see if this resolves it. Maybe you had an upgrade pushed onto your computer and something got messed up. I just got past 3 days of IE10 problems when Microsoft pushed IE11 onto my machine. Magically, all the other problems disappeared.

Wow! Jusr had an updgrade from Microsoft running (you, the ones that pop up automatically when you're shutting down or starting the computer once in a while). When I treid to start Creo I got the following message (and I've been running to program without issues for more than a year now):

"The activation check for Modeling Express

to run on this machine failed because of the

following reason:

The password you entered is invalid."

After resetting the password the same issues resurfaced and I can't use the program...

"PTC! SUPPORT!...
We need a little help over here!

PTC support people monitor these forums... I think we need some professional help here

Reinstalled 4 times and now I'm back on designing my car again

Jan - 1 | PTC Support - 0

Now that is what I call perseverance!

Glad you're up and running again, Jan.

Top Tags