cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Punch form, exclude surfaces

sloman
1-Newbie

Punch form, exclude surfaces

Hello!

I have made a Punch tool off a form that I repeatedly use in Sheetmetal. I use it to make holes. The form has a lot of surfaces. When I want the command to work, I have to select all of the surfaces one by one. Is there a way to select the whole form and deselect the one surface I don’t need?

Stefan

Punch-form.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Interesting, you can only create one annotation for a punch through the dialog but you can repeat or duplicate it in the list

Punch_annotation.png

If you have an account and current maintenance:

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/36/utilizing-punch-model-annotations

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:sloman)

It is a matter of creating an annotation feature that tells the SMT module what surface to remove.

You can find this feature in the pre-loaded punches.

I remember seeing a knowledge base video on the subject but you could start with one of the preloaded punches and use the same annotation template and re-assign the surfaces.

The preloaded punches are located in the Creo install folder under ...Creo 2.0\Common Files\M0<n>0\text\smt\punch_models\ ...just pick an "open" punch.

Interesting, you can only create one annotation for a punch through the dialog but you can repeat or duplicate it in the list

Punch_annotation.png

If you have an account and current maintenance:

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/36/utilizing-punch-model-annotations

Thank you Antonius. I have modified my tool as you explained and it works! Is there also a way to create the handles which are shown in the tutorial?

Stefan

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:sloman)

They used the CSYS in the punch as an assembly constraint so that is how it is placed.

assembly_constraint.PNG

Top Tags