cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Save As, for full design package?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Save As, for full design package?

I thought I'd done this in PDMLink before, now I can't figure out how.

I have an assy drawing and part drawings.
I want to save the assy drawing and assy to a new name, and at the same time I want to save several of the parts and their drawings to new names also.

I can't seem to get the part drawings into the list so I can rename them along with the parts.

Any ideas?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

When you copy the assembly just re-name the parts you are changing and the associated drawings should copy with the new names as well. Depending on how your default settings were when the drawing/models were created (copy associated drawings).

As a back-up, if you are unsure of your settings, you can open all the drawings of the parts you will be changing and keep them open in your session. Then open the assy and make your changes.

Michael Ohlrich, Design Engineer
Benchmade Knife Company
mohlrich@benchmade.com<">mailto:mohlrich@benchmade.com>
(503) 655-6004 x122

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC4B72.09458E10]
www.benchmade.com<">http://www.benchmade.com>

I swear I tried this before and it didn't work, obviously user error.

What you do is checkmark the assy drawing, and any part drawings you want in the new design, and then pick File, Save As. Now you will get a rename list with all the items including the part drawings.

David Haigh

I know you solved your problem but here is another possibility.
We use rename from ProE to get the same results. You have to set the option let_proe_rename_objects to yes. Then rename works as Save As, allowing to save the parents too (of course all the models/drawings involved need to be in session).
We have tried Save As from PDMLink but we other this method because it is easy to understand and does not force us to check out the parents that are to be modified.

Best regards

Daniel García

"Haigh, David A." <-> escribió:

>I thought I'd done this in PDMLink before, now I can't figure out how.
>
>I have an assy drawing and part drawings.
>I want to save the assy drawing and assy to a new name, and at the same
>time I want to save several of the parts and their drawings to new
>names also.
>
>I can't seem to get the part drawings into the list so I can rename
>them along with the parts.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>David Haigh
>Phone: 925-424-3931
>Fax: 925-423-7496