cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Spur gear design

vsimon
1-Newbie

Spur gear design

I am currently working on a project that involves planetary gear mechanism.The tooths in the sun and planet are not perfectly meshing instead, it is merging during rotation using gear mechanism in CREO 3.0. From my observation, the tooth thickness is less than half of the circular pitch.Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
vsimon
1-Newbie
(To:vsimon)

This error may occur due to improper center distance values.How to calculate the exact center distance values?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:vsimon)

There may also be a ratio issue.

Creo truncates or rounds ratio values to a low number of places where the total number of digits are counted.

It is like 6 digits only.

Another issue you might be dealing with is graphic artifacts...

This is a similar problem where the ratios easily go past single precision values.

Radial Ball Bearing: Checking your mechanism links

and for the fun of it...

Top Tags