cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Standards holes - How to enable thru thread hole with up to surface?

ChantalGagne
1-Newbie

Standards holes - How to enable thru thread hole with up to surface?

Hi,

I'm trying to do a standard hole with ISO standard and I can't use Thru thread with up to surface. Can I change the hole configuration to be able to use this option?

I'm using Pro-engineer Wildfire 5.0.

hole-1.jpg

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ChantalGagne)

You can set thru on the drill hole, first.

thruhole.JPG

Thank you Matt, But I can not because on other parts I do not want to go through other surfaces. I want my hole on the first floor only (see picture). I don't want the situation on picture.

hole-2.jpg

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ChantalGagne)

Ah, ok well you can fake a couple ways, either type in a larger number on the thread depth, or almost the same way make it blind but deeper than the thickness of your plate.

Or put the hole in the model before you extrude the piece over it (probably the more correct way) then it stays parametric if you change you plate thickness later.

Or pick the other surface for direction (flip the hole).

Threads can't go deeper than the hole itself.

You can use feature relation to control thread depth.

feat_rel.JPG

Thanks for your good idea, but I don't want to trick anything. I prefer make the good configuration in the standard table of pro-e.

Did anyone know how to unlock option?

Ok, well, relations can get tricky.

What option do you want to unlock?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:James62)

That was the premise of the question with which this began.

"Can I change the hole configuration to be able to use this option?"

I am not sure there is a configuration that is currently available to be unlocked to do this.

Oh, right. Sorry, I didn't catch that the first, and also the second time.

There is no such config.pro option as far as I know.

There is no such option apparently but you don't have to trick the system to do this. There are several reliable ways to make the threads the same length as the thickness of the member but they all involve using relations. Typically you would create the feature and in subsequent actions, add the relation to the feature.

In the case of the example, however, you could reverse the face and use "through all" and "full thread" so it doesn't go through the other surface.

Here d13 is a reference dimension in the body sketch.

D10 is the thread length dimension in the hole feature.

Setting d10 = d13 in the hole feature makes sure they track.

fullthreaddepthtosurface.PNG

it would be helpful if the hole feature were to add a reference dimension for the hole depth when you use to-surface option.

Top Tags