cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Table Design Rules

ptc-1836512
1-Newbie

Table Design Rules

I am creating a BOM. In the BOM it lists the current drawing part number, all subassemblies and all of their components and all unique new components. I only want to show the next highest level parts (which might be subassemblies and components.) What rule do I use? When I use &asm.mbr.type!=assembly it gives me just components. (I have to check if these are just the next highest level components or all components, I suspect all components.) If the BOM were as follows, Top assembly Sub assembly component 1 component 2 component 3 component 4 I would expect the assembly drawing to show: Sub assembly component 3 component 4 and not the top assembly, or components 1 or 2. Thanks in advance! By the way where do I find a list of rules for tables? Wally
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry, the website deleted my spaces before my components in my example. It should have read: Top assembly ....Sub assembly ........component 1 ........component 2 ....component 3 ....component 4 Where the number of dots is indicative of the level of the part. In this caase components 1&2 are inside the subassembly.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1836512)

Hello, You don't need a rule, simply do that: Table>Repeat Region...>Attributes>Select your repeat region>Flat>Done

Thank you that worked great. I am a newer user and I have been given a new assignment where there are no other users. I have a new item related to the same topic. In my BOM I have several things listed: Item, part nunber, quantity, and "title". The "title" is something that the customer uses as a description of the part basically the name of the part. For instance P/N M600112 has the "title" "Plate - Housing Cover." The "title" information is entered into each drawing as the drawing is created. The way that they have the BOM set up it ends up putting the "title" of the current drawing in each slot for each part in the assembly. How do you add a description to your BOM without retyping each "title".

If I am not mistaken I think that I need to set a "Report Parameter" and using "asm.. > mbr.. > User Defined". Is this right? Or the easiest way to do this? If so, how do I associate the "title" which is different than the file "name" to the parts? Wally

Add "title" as a parameter to the part file. You may want to give it a different name.

Kevin, Thanks! All I have to do know is to figure out how to get the text to wrap when I access it from a parameter. Wally

Currently, I don't think repeat region text can be wrapped.

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

Currently, I don't think repeat region text can be wrapped.

CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2512492)

I don't know about wrapping text, but the width of the column can be adjusted for extra long descriptions.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I also am trying to figure out how to wrap text in a repeat region. Is there any way of doing this? Or is there any way to make it seem that the text is wrapped? Perhaps there's some code you have to use in the parameters that the repeat region calls out?
Top Tags