cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

The naming convention for Creo Apps

pwyndham
3-Visitor

The naming convention for Creo Apps

I cannot get over the name of the elements. I don't mind the Creo part. It is actually kind of cool knowing the latin ideas behind the word. I was also excited to see that it was a short 1 word name.

I cannot stand the "element/" portion. Many times I want to search the internet to find information on Pro/E. This is infinitely hard because there is the split in the name. You never know what exactly someone called it. Now, we are going to be stuck with an unnecissarily long name with the dredded '/' still in it.

In my oppinion they should have made the names: Creo Pro, Creo Direct and Creo View. Forget the element/ it has no value to the end user. All the other AnyRole Apps could follow the same format, Creo Manikin, Creo TAX, Creo Mech, Creo FEA, Creo Surface and so on.

PTC please rethink the name before the official change happens. Put your customers wants first. And please don't for the .0 on the name. That get so old. Just call it Creo 1

6 REPLIES 6

The elements part of the naming is suggesting that it does not have the full CREO functionality.

You only need to live with it for 1 year and then it's just CREO going forward.

If they called it CREO Pro, it would look as if they went backwards when they release just CREO. CREO Pro would have to be better than CREO right?

I am not worried about the temporary name. CREO elements/pro is just temporary and we could always truncate them in this way.....

CREO elements/pro = Cep

CREO elements/create = Cee

CREO elements/view = Cev

I did not know that they were temperary names. That's completely different. Did they say that in the meeting. I must have been thinking how much better my life is going to be if I don't have to worry about people creating parts in SW any more.

Paul - Creo Elements refers to the current shipping versions of Pro/ENGINEER, CoCreate and ProductView. When Creo is shipped, it will have new applications built completely on Creo and be compatible with the data from Elements. At this stage the Elements tag will drop and all apps will simply be Creo apps.

Now that PTC is jumping on the Apps band wagon will Creo Apps be running on Apple? Or Will there be a Productview App for an iPhone or iPad? How about Windchill Apps for smartphones?

Hi together,

we have just posted our tech demo for an app on iPad which allows interaction with Windchill PDMLink.

You can take a look at it here: http://communities.ptc.com/videos/1855

Best regards,

Michael

Looks decent.

When will it be availalbe in itunes for download?

iphone app may be more applicable than ipad to road managers who approve PDMLink processes. Both would be great.

Top Tags