cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thicken for style surfaces

CamiloParraPala
1-Newbie

Thicken for style surfaces

I don´t know if someone else have this problem. Working with ISDX or style feature sometimes including with 4 sided surface i have problem tos make

even small thickness. There are additional ways to make solid?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Camilo

Yes of course, you can use a offset feature for sheetmetal part (Insert > Sheetmetal Wall > Unattached > Offset...).

The first offset value set "0" and then set thicken for your surface.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks Vladimir,

I tried that but a new problem appear in the message box that said: " Radius of curvature of bend or form must be > thickness.", i tried with 0.2mm didn´t work and that i need is 4mm, probally i have a complex geometry here so what i need to correct?.

Hi Camillo,

this is hard to say without seeing the geometry.

Causes could be too large curvature (=too small radius) or things like degenerated points (any three sided surfs?)...

Hi Camilo,

you can use Offset analysis feature to detection your required surface: Analysis > Geometry > Offset - select surface for offset / set offset distance.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Look my geometry trying to make a thicken, i need 4mm and only the central surface let me this. In the quilt the 3 surfaces are 4 sided.

quilt.jpg

With the offset analysis I could see problems at the ends. The problem is that i can´t change the form too much.

Thanks

If you can't change the geometry, the only way out would be to create a solid by adding more surfaces, that is making a enclosed volume by closing your quilt will additional surfaces, merging them and turning to solid. For example your current quilt will be the top surface, then manually create surfaces on bottom, front, sides by creating a closed volume. Then Merge all the Quilts--and Solidify.

Albatros i do it and works like sollid, but that give me a variable thicken form 1mm to 4mm on some areas because the surfaces have many no perpendicular direction to the views.

Hello Camilo

If you need a variable thickness, you have to offset (create) quilts as necessary and then use a procedure written by Albatros

Note: if you use Offset feature you can use Automatic Fit or Controlled Fit Option where you can Create side surface.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello,

In case offseting the surfaces do not work, I will recommend to manually create the curves network. You can intersect the quilt with a plane and that will

give you a curve. Save this curve as a sketch and use it later on as a reference to re-create new curves for your closing quilts. This way you know that this curve has the same profile as your quilt

No i need a constant thicken of 4mm, with automatic fit only works with the middle surface, networking the geometry leave me a boudaries surfaces with the same problem.

Thanks for helping in this problem.

Top Tags