cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Wanted to do flatten quilt from fuel tank profile

RahulPooloth
1-Newbie

Wanted to do flatten quilt from fuel tank profile

Hi team, Good morning

I would like to know more possibilities in flatten quilt tool or some other tool to solve mty problem.

Requirement: I wanted to cut some sticker profile in 2D to stick on fuel tank (ex: Bikes). I have my tank surface (attached image) to make a flatten quilt, according to this my vendor will design the sticker and will cut the profile for me.

Attempts: But i tried flatten quilt to get the above, the thing is that am getting the flat surface with less area (50% less on vertical walls).

Solution: Please advice a better solution (images, video tutorials etc)...

2-3% less area is ok on resultant flatten surface.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Rahul and welcome to the forum.

Flatten quilt is a painful tool. Nothing is intuitive and the results highly speculative. Or at least, this is my take on the process. Having said all that, I have gotten good results with nearly 180 degree wraps.

What direction ar your flatterning the quilt in? Parallel to the main plane of the part?

Maybe a screenshot of your flattening feature with all its references would help.

Thanks Antonius for your quick response on this. Please find the attached image. I am trying to do in manual001.JPG

I can see how it assumes a lot of stretching.

Try creating a target plane near PNT6 tangent to the surface.

Antonius, thanks a lot for the tip...

As you said in your first comment, its a painful one. I could get some more area on target plane which is tangent to PNT6. Let me know if any other tool where i can avoid the assumption on area, so that i can avoid the errors on the sticker work. I dont know how the sheetmetal people are doing the flatten to develop their blanks in a single tool or something.

Top Tags