cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Where did the functions go????

rrich
2-Guest

Where did the functions go????

More of a rant than a real problem..... But maybe there is a hidden config that fixes this.

I seem to remember when making a swept blend you had a choice if you wanted to select a trajectory or sketch a trajectory. Now you can only select no sketching option exists as far as I can tell. Further I noticed it says I can choose up to 2 trajectories. So now the swept blend functions as a Var. Sec. Sweep????

I obviously can continue but now I am starting to clutter my model tree with curves on top of curves as the trajectory I wanted to use was only a part of another curve already in my model.

So when did this change? I am on WF 4 M160.

Ron Rich
Senior Design Engineer
Extractors
TTI Floor Care North America
7005 Cochran Road
Glenwillow, Ohio 44139-4303
Tel (440)996-2477
Cell (440)591-9538

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:rrich)

Yep...with you on this one. sketch, upon copy, upon copy, upon sketch....Ugh! There is definitely more to deal with now when using the SB. AND...if you want a 3-D curve to drive the SB, two sketches are required to create the 3-D intersect unless you drop backand useLegacyto use "2 projected curve" (still 2 sketches but intersected for free). Then you need to copy the resultant curve for an approximate if you want the nodes removed. Too much.....

I think what may have happened is the Swept Blend lagged so long behind the VSS in the Wildfire development that this is something that was simply overlooked. Or...since the VSS is more versatile now, PTC must have thought it would take the place of SB. They act almost identically now in most cases.

BTW...there was the ability to utilize an "influencing curve" in Pre Wildfire Swept BLend. It was an unattached curve that gave "flavor" to the SB. In fact, if my gray matter is still functioning I seem to remember you could use more than one.

Don't know if any Hidden Config exists.

Top Tags