cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

adapter/dglTolPerc=

cmarquardt
6-Contributor

adapter/dglTolPerc=

I am looking for more info on setting the following line in the recipe file, most importantly, the potential negative affects (Larger file sizes, longer publishing times).  I do not find any information on it in the PTC KB, I am curious if anyone has played around with this setting much.

For the most part, the way our system is currently set up is acceptable.  Most parts publish with satisfactory accuracy.  However, some parts (i.e. a small part with a large copy geometry surface) will publish with terrible accuracy.  Setting this in the RCP to .001 does solve the issue, I am just curious if it has any unintentional drawbacks.

adapter/dglTolPerc=.001

Thanks for reading,

Colten

1 REPLY 1
cmarquardt
6-Contributor
(To:cmarquardt)

Update:

I ended up setting this at .01 on all CADWorkers, and I have not noticed any significant change in publishing times.  .05 is the default value.

After waiting a bit, PTC got back to me and described this setting (adapter/dglTolPerc=.05) as "dangerous," because it is one of a group of settings that are all dependent on each other.  Claiming that changing any one of these settings could cause issues.

They instead suggest adjusting the Edge Angle setting in the RCP editor under Parameters>Geometry to a value of 5.  This setting also supposedly does not have an effect on file size or publishing times.

I have not had time to test the edge angle setting, and I am not particularly motivated to do so being setting the "dangerous" option has not had ill effect yet...  But, I wanted to post an update being there is little to no info on this setting out there.

Top Tags