cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anybody help me to answer my questiones of use the edge tool?

SOLVED

Re: can anybody help me to answer my questiones of use the edge tool?

Dear Antonius, thank you for all your efforts. yes, they are feasible method.

after some research, i found that using the "silhouette edge tool" in Tooling/casting Application might be the best way to creat the edge, what do you think?

If that is the optional extension, I don't have it. I only have the core Creo Parametric module.

But if it is core Creo, please post more information if you get the chance.

Either way, I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I agree that Sketcher should be able to capture a slhouette edge. In all the years of working with Pro|E, it -still- isn't reliable about using a cylinder's silhouette edge as a reference.

Thanks for the challenge

I wasn't able to get the file you uploaded before it expired and I'd like to take a look. I'm certain the trim tool with the silhouette option will give you the exact edge you need. It may not properly interpret it as an arc, but it will be the exact silhouette edge.

Can you re-post it or send it to my email address in my profile?

--
Doug Schaefer | Engineering Manager
Crow Works
Highlighted

Sorry for the confusion, Yes, switch to the Mould application then use the silhouette edge tool can create the edge.

Thank you Antonius, you have always been helpful and give us so many ways to get the issue done.

Hi Mr Doug, sorry for the later reply, when you response at the beginning of the discussion, i am not able to try your suggestion. but now i find you are right, the trim tool exactly can do it and it is very straightforward. thank you for your help. it seems that i dont have to repost it. correct? appreciated your help.