cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

chassis design

jflores-2
1-Newbie

chassis design

I'm new to Creo and having difficulty adapting. Trying to build a chassis for Baja SAE but am doing something wrong. I made a sketch for the main hoop but it doesn't show up once it's done; all it shows are the centerlines after I leave the sketch. I'm trying to load this simple sketch so I can do framework on it, before moving on to building the rest of the chassis. Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong or perhaps pointing me to the right resources so I can teach myself properly?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it looks like your sketch is made with construction lines and not geometry lines. In the sketch, highlight the lines and arcs and right click. On the menu, change the type to Geometry

It could be something else but that is what it looks like the problem is. Please confirm and get back to us.

Welcome to the forum.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

it looks like your sketch is made with construction lines and not geometry lines. In the sketch, highlight the lines and arcs and right click. On the menu, change the type to Geometry

It could be something else but that is what it looks like the problem is. Please confirm and get back to us.

Welcome to the forum.

You were correct, it was all done with construction lines. Although I couldn't right click on the lines to change them, your mention of contruction lines helped me noticed construction mode. I clicked on that button and it allowed me to make solid geometry lines. From there, I was able to quickly retrace all the construction lines to make the sketch I wanted in the first place. Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome

Top Tags