cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

copying surface from stp file

pavan
1-Newbie

copying surface from stp file

hi, I have stp file of automobile part and I want to make checking fixture for practice.

but for that, I need to copy the surface from stp model and also extend it with the exact angle.

please help me to do that.

7 REPLIES 7
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:pavan)

Do you have a picture of this surface?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You can copy the surface and you can extend the surface.  Each are commands of their own.

First: Set the selection filter to "Geometry"

Second: Select the surface you want to extend (one surface!)

Third: The Offset menu selection is now highlighted... select it.

You can offset by zero (0) but for this case, offset some small distance for now.

Forth: With the selection filter still set to Geometry, Select your first edge to extend...  the Extend button now highlights above the offset feature menu selection.

...press and hold the Shift key (not CTRL!) and select all the edges you wish to extend.

Fifth: Select the "Extend" feature from the modeling menu and enter your desired value.

Six: go back and reset your offset to zero.

The extend feature follows some kind of surface rules.  The resulting surface may not do as you expect in every instance.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Can you share the step file? Thanks

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:BHOoi)

How do we attach files to these posts with Lithium?

Spoiler

Seriously! 

A blank little box with "Browse..." next to it is suppose to represent "ATTACH A FILE HERE".

Do people actually read feedback on these hosed interfaces?

Let's see... insert image, insert video... icons...  Insert every freakin' thing in icons, but an attach is a unmarked box.

Where is the focus group!

Hmm, I've got icons & text for photos & video and a button labeled "Choose Files" for attachments.  I'm using Chrome, you?

Capture.JPG

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Nope, that's not what I get...  latest IE

And my computer can't be much more bone-stock than it is.

I just find that people tend to accept mediocrity with absolute abandonment of a quality experience.

browse.PNG

Sorry, didn't mean to derail.

I attached a file that followed my annotation above.

Creo 2.0 commercial version.

Top Tags