cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

download manikins

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

download manikins

I bought Creo 2 a couple of years ago and I now want to use manikins, from child to adult sizes as I work in Education furniture design. My maintenance agreement has now ended. Do I have to pay and where can I download them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:amccaffrey-2)

If you don't need all of the manikin functionality, you can also just google for 3D CAD models that other people have created.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Andrew,

You will need to contact Maintenance to renew your Maintenance contract and get an updated license.  Call 1-800-477-6435, 9 for Customer Care, 2 for Maintenance, License Management & Training.

Thanks,

Amit

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member
(To:AmitDeshpande)

Thanks Amit.

Bit disappointed that these cannot be paid for and downloaded separately without having to pay for a maintenance agreement. This agreement costs over £1200 a year and all I want is some manikins. I'm surprised PTC have missed this opportunity, the same missed opportunity of not allowing a Creo mobile app for Android tablets.

I'll go with Chris Rees answer and search for a step file manikin instead.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If you don't need all of the manikin functionality, you can also just google for 3D CAD models that other people have created.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Chris3)

I'm using DAZ3D.  Makes very nice manikins and poses

...and it too is free!

Hi Andrew, have you called ptc? the folks in licensing are great, not that the folks in support aren't great to...but...

the folks in licensing just need proof that you own the license, that's different than

"did you pay your maintenance?"

if you have a license for creo2 and it included manikins, they may open the gate for you.

it may be worth the phone call, Amit's response has the number to call

good luck

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member
(To:dguillette-2)

Thanks David,

Contacting PTC in the UK is not so easy! (Amit gave a USA number). However, I do have a valid service contract number (not sure if this is the 'licence' though). My seller in the UK has gone bust so I cannot contact them and the contact numbers given on the PTC website for UK buyers directs lines to the USA for technical support and they don't recognize my service contract number.

I need manikins for all ages, from toddler to adult, hence the request. I don't however know what PTC can supply regarding this request.

Anyone know where I can get this range of manikins?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Can you login to this link?

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=ENG

The Mankin library is under  >> Release Creo 1.0 >>  Creo Manikin Population Data 2.1

It includes a 5 and 10 year old kid along with adult men and women

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Yes, I have logged in but when I click on 'download software ' all it comes up with is the following:

According to our records, there are no products entitled to software updates.

To have this issue investigated, please contact the Maintenance Department.

Call 877-ASK-4PTC (877-275-4782) or 781-370-5408

Select the Maintenance option from the menu.

Where do I find 'Release Creo 1.0 >>  Creo Manikin Population Data 2.1' on the website?

I often wish I downloaded all content when I have access.

This rental model is really going to catch a lot of people by surprise.

I have a lot of old Pro|E disks and I know many contain some really good data.

Problem is, there is no easy way to access any of it without a proper install.

Not sure how to best deal with all this content.

However, when PTC shortcuts me, I'll find another supplier to cover my bases.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

Looks like you need maintenance

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I'm pretty sure that this list is maintenance dependent.

If a maintenance item has expired, it should not show up on the list.

I'd rather be wrong about that, though.

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Do I presume you have maintenance then?

If you do then it's a real con.I paid thousands of pounds for my licence and I would expect to at least have some basic downloads for that money.

I'm off to Solidworks.

I went to SW and I tell you that PTC and SW feed off each other.

SW policies are no better, and may actually be worse.

They went public on their back-pay for maintenance first.

PTC quietly followed.

I bought SW and promptly discontinues their version of maintenance.

It really is a lot less tool than Creo, and therefore ~20% less $.

That is to say that Creo, with its Pro|E core, is a lot more reliable in the long run.

Company policies, however, yes, I agree... You get into CAD and you might as well open your pockets to everyone.

I am adamant about not adding Creo extensions.

And every client I tell that they need to cover the cost of the extension basically decides that  it wasn't that important after all.

That sets the true value of these overpriced and underwhelming tools that are being offered by PTC.

If it is part of your daily routine, sure.  But even Creo is 10x what I need to make a living.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

The download link looks like it is pulling the files from the Creo 1.0 install files. Do you have a physical copy of the Creo 1 install disk around? The files might be on that.

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

Unfortunately I don't have these files. I jumped from ProE Wildfire 3 to Creo 2. I didn't have a licence before as I was working for someone else but when I decided to go it alone I had to buy a new licence. Strangely I have actually noticed that I DO have a manikin, but only one adult.

It's in C/ Program files /PTC/ Creo 2 /common files/M100/manikin_lite/PTC_MANIKIN

Top Tags