cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

file exporting

JMSCRA
1-Newbie

file exporting

I need to send out a family table instance of an assembly. There are also subassemblies and parts in it that area family table instances.
I do not want to send everything if I can help it.
I did a backup to a folder but that saved everything. I only want to get the one instance.
Is there any way of doing this without getting all instances of everything?

Thanks,

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
and Configuration Management
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4868 E. Park 30 Dr.
Columbia City, IN 46725-8869
*Voice: 260.248.3576
*Fax; 260.248.3509
[cid:image001.png@01CE5D3C.D98B5090]

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged, Proprietary, or Private information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee or responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you are not authorized to possess or copy this message or its contents without the authorized consent of an UnderSea Sensor Systems, Inc. (USSI) representative. In such a case, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately. Opinions, statements, and other information expressed in this message are not published or endorsed by USSI unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
JoseResendis
6-Contributor
(To:JMSCRA)

Hi John,

Unless you need native Pro/E files, you could save the assembly instance as
a Creo View or STEP file.
Just a thought.

Best Regards,

Jose M. Resendis
Mechanical & Optical Engineering Center (MOEC)
Raytheon - Space & Airborne Systems (SAS)
972-344-2555 office
972-979-5525 cell

"Great execution requires discipline"

What about shrink wrapping it?

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

There is only 1 file for your family table. All instances are contained within that 1 file.

You may be able to do a save as on the instance to get it as a standalone part, don't thing it will work for your assembly.

Tundra
1-Newbie

John -

Depending on how many instances you have and how many generics there are, you could pull into session all instances of all generics, and then delete the family table for each generic. (Obviously all from the backup folder). Then save all. This works well for assemblies with part instances, although I have never tried it with assembly instances. Just saying.

In Reply to John Scranton:

I need to send out a family table instance of an assembly. There are also subassemblies and parts in it that area family table instances.
I did a backup to a folder but that saved everything. I only want to get the one instance.

Thanks,

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4868 E. Park 30 Dr.
*Fax; 260.248.3509
[cid:image001.png@01CE5D3C.D98B5090]

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged, Proprietary, or Private information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee or responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you are not authorized to possess or copy this message or its contents without the authorized consent of an UnderSea Sensor Systems, Inc. (USSI) representative. In such a case, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately. Opinions, statements, and other information expressed in this message are not published or endorsed by USSI unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

Nice tip John Finch. Works like a charm.
Start ProEOpen the assembly instance.Go through all your generic assemblies and parts in session and remove the family table.Now backup the assembly instance to local disk

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Besi Netherlands B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 30-05-2013 22:03
Subject: [proecad] - RE: file exporting

John -

Depending on how many instances you have and how many generics there are, you could pull into session all instances of all generics, and then delete the family table for each generic. (Obviously all from the backup folder). Then save all. This works well for assemblies with part instances, although I have never tried it with assembly instances. Just saying.

In Reply to John Scranton:

Thanks,

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4868 E. Park 30 Dr.
*Fax; 260.248.3509

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
Top Tags