cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

how do I set up FEA on a brake disc in order to find out the stresses involved and if the disc will fail or not?

jirons
1-Newbie

how do I set up FEA on a brake disc in order to find out the stresses involved and if the disc will fail or not?

Trying to conduct FEA on a brake disc in order to see if the design will be able to hold up to the stresses its going to be under, been trying for a while now with a range of different set up. the latest way is fixing the disc on the hole and applying a force on the brake pads while (force of the disc turning) while having a clamping for applied to the pad in order to clamp onto the disc. Which ever way I've tried it hast worked and really looking for some help.

Any advise or help would be much appreciated

Regards

James

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags